Bondi Quiz - Page 3
The old expression "Shoot through like a Bondi Tram" means what?
- Leave the scene very quickly
- Shootings by gangs of criminals in the 1930's
- Premature ejaculation
- Travelling in a very old car
When someone says "see you later" what do they mean?
- They will meet up with you later the same day.
- I'll talk to you when you are sober
- You are in big trouble
- It is just a courtesy to end a conversation.
They will probably never see you again.
What is a prawn night?
- The Australian word for Prom Night
- The monthly dance often held in small country towns by church groups
- A gathering for men only where they will drink beer and often be entertained by strippers or porno movies.
- A night under the full moon when you can easily catch prawns (shrimps) in shallow lakes
Who is Mel Gibson?
- One of the Spice Girls
- An Australian actor
- The current Miss Australia
- The Australian answer to Oprah Winfrey.
What do Australians call a cellular phone?
- A floater
- A ringer
- A mobile
- A portable
What is a Lamington?
- A local brand of sewing machine
- A portable toilet at a rock concert
- A cake dipped in chocloate and coconut
- A comfortable chair next to a swimming pool
What is a pub crawl?
- The standard style of swimming taught in Australian schools
- The additional road traffic heading north on public holidays
- A group of people having a drink at several hotels in succession
- A gathering of mothers talking about their young children
Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee) used the expression "Put another shrimp on the barbie"
What does this mean?
- The word shrimp is never used in Australia
- You'll get cold without any clothes on
- Come on over and eat with us, let's have a party
- Smoking never hurt anybody
Last Updated - Monday, 20th June 2016.