Bondi Quiz - Page 1
What is the local version of M and M's in Australia?
What is the Aussie equivalent to jumbo shrimps?
- Balmain bugs
- Sydney shrimps
- King prawns
- Giant goolies
What is the most likely thing an Australian waitress
will say when she brings you your meal?
- Have a nice day
- Get this into you
- There you go
- Scarf and barf, baby
What in Australia is Maccas?
- A musical instrument used by Aborigines
- A word for McDonalds used by the company when pretending to be Australian
- Clothing worn when it is raining
- A theme park run by Rupert Murdoch (News Corporation)
What are speedos and cossies?
- Games played by Australian School children
- Native Australian lizards
- Local words for bathing suits
- Instruments used by the police to catch speeding motorists
What in Sydney is the Coathanger?
- A notorious pickup bar near central railway
- A much loved sculpture at Bondi Beach
- A wrestling hold favoured by Sydney nightclub bouncers
- A rarely used word for the harbour bridge.
What is a pokie room?
- A family room, for watching TV and playing games
- A room at the back of a club where prostitutes operate
- A licenced room with gambling machines (slots)
- A small store room equivalent to an attic or basement
What are Tim Tams?
- The nation's favourite chocolate biscuit
- Lines drawn on the road to show people where to cross
- An endangered species of small frogs
- Local birds with a distinctive mating call
Last Updated - Monday, 20th June 2016.